The Trailer Mechanic is responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures and minor repairs on semi-truck trailers with little or no supervision. Such procedures/repairs include Federal Highway Inspections, light welding, brake repair, electrical system repair, minor body repairs, and tire & wheel repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform repairs and preventive maintenance services on commercial vehicle fleet.
- Maintains maintenance schedule of fleet.
- Perform inspections, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Repair pumps: Hydraulic, electric, and pneumatic
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles in accordance with DOT standards
- Completes required paperwork associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Undercarriage repair experience preferred
- Welding experience preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred, or willing and qualified to obtain your CDL (company will pay for).
- Communicate with drivers regarding "Vehicle Inspection Reports" and make appropriate repairs
- Ability to communicate with company drivers in a manner that emphasizes team work
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Perform service calls in company vehicle outside of normal work hours.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years verifiable equipment maintenance related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in equipment maintenance and repair.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- One to two years welding experience including fabrication of metal parts and assemblies.