Container Yard Assistant
November 07, 2017
Portland Container Repair Corp. provides quality CY and Trucking services in the PNW. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits! PCR is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION: Container Yard assistant, Operations
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for entering, monitoring releases, entering, monitoring estimates and repairs, entering and generating EIR/TIR’s and supporting all CY operations in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
- Support CY coordinator in their duties of dispatching trucks to meet our customer's requirements and ensure timely truck turn times.
- Enter and generate inbound/outbound EIR/TIR’s
- Coordinate and enter container/chassis estimates/work orders.
- Assist CY Coordinator and operations with reporting needs and data entry.
- Monitor import container releases to prevent demurrage.
- Assist container yard with email queries.
- Check bookings for outside carriers and verify booking on file.
- Provide customer service as needed.
- Support company's Integrated Management System.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. College graduate preferred.
- 1-2 intermodal transportation experience or customer service experience preferred. Strong computer skills required.
- Good communication skills required; ability to work under pressure; team player.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as computer terminal, PC, calculator, copier, scanner, and fax.