January 10, 2018
We are seeking a Reefer Trailer Technician who has 2 or more years of experience as a Trailer Mechanic & Reefer Mechanic who can diagnose/repair Thermo King and Carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and repair Carrier & Thermo King units including electrical system, refrigeration system and diesel engine diagnostics.
- Test single and multi-temperature refrigeration units to ensure systems are functioning appropriately.
- Perform diesel engine preventative maintenance, fuel system diagnostics, cooling system diagnostics and mechanical coupling devices.
- Must have 2 plus years of mobile experience.
- Willingness to travel for service calls and work the required schedule.
- Willingness to work both as a mobile and in shop technician.
- Inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose & perform maintenance on semi-trailers.
- Must be able to hard and soft solder.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be able to use hand tools & test equipment.
- Must be 608 certified.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning and being able to work in hot weather conditions.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the success of business operations.
- Be able to help other mechanics/technicians if they have questions.
- Must be reliable with good attendance.
- Must be able to read and write English language and have some computer skills. Ability to isolate and solve problems efficiently.
- Must be able to work independently or with diverse group of people.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), or two years verifiable equipment maintenance related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in equipment maintenance and repair.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail and highly organized.
- One to two years welding experience including fabrication of metal parts and assemblies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license issued in state of employment is required.